Dear Aldersly Family,
I hope this message finds you healthy and well. I want to again thank you all for your help in keeping yourself and our community safe. Today I share great news – we are taking another step towards reopening our community. Please note that effective June 15, 2021 the following community guidelines will be in place:
- External presenters inside building when wearing a mask are allowed.
- Indoor resident activities for groups with physical distancing based on room capacity indoors and outdoors. Masks must be worn by all spectators and staff.
- Common areas such as the fitness center & library may be used based on room capacity (with 6-foot physical distancing) and will be disinfected throughout the day.
- Residents in Assisted Living and Independent Living may co-mingle and dine together with physical distancing of 6 feet. IL or AL residents wishing to visit HCC residents will visit in the designated visitor location.
- Off-campus worship services may be attended. Worship leaders and other vendors such as performers, speakers, etc. may come onsite for indoor or outdoor services while wearing masks and practicing physical distancing.
- Off-campus errands, dining and appointments are allowed. Residents are encouraged to wear a mask off-campus, practice hand washing and physically distance.
- Off-site visits with family or friends may resume to normal.
- Resident screening continues. Masks are required within the community.
- • Food and Drinks may be served with programs.
- Residents may visit each other in common areas and in apartments at this time. Four people maximum at a time may be visiting in an apartment/room based on space capacity with physical distancing. Please keep your masks on and follow safe practices.
- The transportation bus can be used to safely transport 4 residents with appropriate social distancing, masks worn by all and windows cracked to ensure appropriate airflow.
- Transportation will resume normal services. Social distancing observed. All residents will be screened prior to entering the bus and the bus will be sanitized after the trip.
- Residents may transport another resident to appointments/errands/entertainment
- Independent living: Visitation may resume in community common areas. Physical distancing should serve as a limit to capacity. Independent residents may welcome up to four guests per resident/couple in individual apartments and common areas, regardless of the visitor or resident’s vaccination status. For large group gatherings, a reservation system must be utilized; consider appropriate physical distancing and capacity. Guest rooms may open. Hand washing/sanitizing and masks are required.
- Assisted Living: Limited to 2 visitors per resident at a time in room. Masks required at all times. Limit of 4 guests per day per resident.
- Skilled nursing: Limited to 2 visitors for a private room, or 1 visitor each for a semi-private room at a time. Limit of 3 guests per day per resident. Masks are required at all times.
- On-site employee interviews and orientation may resume in groups of 4 or less and with social distancing, and good hygiene (including masks).
Dining guidelines IL/AL/SNF:
- Sit down venues with seating of 100% capacity with appropriate physical distancing for dining rooms by reservation will be available. We will resume a single seating for each meal.
- Up to two visitors may dine with residents with a reservation. Residents must receive an approval for requests involving more than two guests for a meal.
- Experiential dining for marketing prospects may resume.
- Effective 6/15/21, residents will return to their allotted meal pans according to the respective contract. We will no longer be serving three complimentary meals per day for residents on a one meal per day plan. Complimentary meal delivery is discontinued. Masks must be worn to and from dining room, and inside dining room unless seated at dining table.
- Residents & Guests will be physically distanced, hand sanitizer will be provided before residents are seated, full table service. No self-service areas. All dining spaces will be sanitized after each use and the indoor space will be sanitized with disinfectant between each meal service period as well.
Sales & Marketing:
- Guest prospect trial stays may occur. Indoor marketing events may resume. Capacity to be determined based on physical distancing. Physical distancing and the wearing of masks at all times in the community other than when dining is required.
Housekeeping & Maintenance:
- Routine housekeeping in resident units. Residents are encouraged to not be in the apartment/room while its being cleaned by the housekeeping team. Upon completion the unit will be disinfected with an aerosol spray and sit for disinfecting period before the resident can return to the space. Maintenance will resume essential and preventative maintenance work orders.
- The in-house salon will reopen and resume services. One resident at a time will be allowed in the space and masks will be worn by staff and the resident. The space will be disinfected between appointments.
- COVID testing is being discontinued for vaccinated residents and staff.
- Unvaccinated staff in the Health Center will continue to get tested weekly.
- Unvaccinated staff in Independent and Assisted Living will continue to get tested on the current schedule. We will also make testing available to any visitor or vendor weekly
- Aldersly has 100% of residents and 88% of staff vaccinated. Aldersly will adhere to the CDC guidelines. No self-quarantine period is required for new move in’s that are arriving from within CA, however wellness checks will be required for the first 14 days for new resident(s). Residents are required to self-quarantine for 10 days in their apartment upon their return from a cruise or international travel, if they are symptomatic, or answer “Yes” to any screening questions.
For any questions on guidelines or upcoming changes, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message with the front desk. More updates will come with any changes to the mask mandate or with further guidance from the department of public health this week. Thank you for all of your support and understanding as we work diligently towards a safe reopening.